New Parking Regulations for 2015–2016:
- Lot 16–Olmsted Lot—is now a commuter parking lot.
- Residential permits are now allowed in Lots 1 and 4 from 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Commuter permits are now allowed in Lots 18n and 24 from 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- The east side of 27th Street between Carpenter Avenue and Forest Avenue is available for commuter parking. The west side of 27th Street is now a fire lane, and no parking is permitted.
Vehicle Registration and Permits
All students, faculty, and staff may register up to two vehicles to park on campus. An official parking decal must be properly affixed to the inside of the bottom left corner of the rear window. Vehicles without a visible, valid decal are considered unregistered and are subject to ticketing and/or towing.
Possession of a valid, University-issued parking permit does not guarantee a parking space.
Faculty, staff, and student vehicles with state-issued handicap license plates or permits must still display a valid Drake University parking decal or permit to park on Drake property.
Permits are non-transferable. It is a violation of University policy and parking regulations to resell or give away a permit to another person and may subject both parties to tickets and disciplinary referral.
Parking Regulations Overview
Vehicles may only be parked in clearly designated, legal parking spaces. Areas posted with signs restricting parking (handicap, service vehicles, loading zones, fire lanes, etc.) must be observed and complied with. Parking in any travel lane, taking more than one parking space, blocking another vehicle, or parking on the lawn are all prohibited. Vehicles are prohibited from all lawns, except when specifically authorized. Driving or parking on sidewalks or pedestrian ways is strictly prohibited. Parking regulations are in effect year-round, including breaks in the academic calendar.
Drake has two types of parking lots, designated by signage:
- Commuter lots: Open seven days a week, 6 to 2 a.m.
- Residential lots: Open 24/7
View this map for an overview of parking areas on campus, including lot numbers.
For questions on parking rules and detailed regulations please review the Drake University Parking Regulations 2015–2016 or contact Drake Public Safety at 515-271-2222.
—Submitted by Drake Public Safety