New Sprouts vegan dining option in the Hubb

When Executive Chef Angela Shultz arrived on campus, she was eager to begin working on a Drake Dining project that was near and dear to her heart—Sprouts Vegan platform, located in Hubb South. Sprouts is Drake Dining’s new, completely vegan platform. Sprouts offers vegan options at breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, but the fare isn’t exclusively for folks with 100 percent plant-based diets.

“I want to challenge everyone to try Sprouts,” said Angela, noting that the offerings will feature cuisines from all over the world with something tasty for everyone.

Angela’s passion for vegan cuisine is infectious—but she knew after some candid conversations with Drake students—she wasn’t alone; the students were clamoring for it too. “I got the opportunity to speak with some of the students, and I want them to know that I heard them,” she said. “It’s important to me that everyone who chooses to eat a plant-based diet gets a flavorful and well-balanced meal.”

Visit drake.sodexomyway.com for more information on Drake Dining locations and download the BiteU app for daily menus and more.

— Casey Morgan, Dining Services