Read this week’s shout-outs!

As part of Staff Appreciation Month, Human Resources is encouraging every staff member to submit a shout-out for a fellow colleague. Simply submit a sentence of appreciation to Linda Feiden at linda.feiden@drake.edu.

Read the shout-outs submitted this week!

A shout-out to the Mail Team: Thanks so much to the mail team for your hard work during this past year. You came into the office every day, when many other departments were able to work from home, and kept deliveries flowing to campus. We appreciate your hard work during this strange and isolating year!”

A shout-out to the Accounting Team: Thanks so much to the accounting team for finding ways for us to submit accounting paperwork from home during the pandemic—you are always so pleasant to work with, and are always patient and understanding when we have questions or issues. Thanks for being so awesome!”

A shout-out to Jeni Baugher: You always brighten my day whenever I talk to you—you are not only so helpful and great at your job, you go the extra mile to help with questions and make sure nothing falls through the cracks.”

A shout-out to Scott Law: Thank you for all your hard work during the pandemic, and basically every day around here. You wear a million hats, and somehow manage to juggle your workload, and remain an awesome manager. Keep up the great work.”

A shout-out to the HR Team: I can’t even imagine all the new struggles and hoops that come with dealing with COVID. Thank you for soldiering on during this very difficult year, and for helping the rest of Drake’s employees soldier on as well. You are all doing a great job in the midst of a very difficult season. Thank you for all you do!”

A shout-out to Alice Fynaardt: Thank you for your hard work, both this year and always! You juggle many duties and responsibilities, and are so thorough and always pay great attention to detail. You are a great asset to Olin and SCB, and Drake is lucky to have you on staff!”

A shout-out to Aaron Knutson: Aaron is incredibly hard working, and is a pleasure to work with on campus. I’m sure managing the Drake Sodexo branch is no easy task, but he is always level headed, chips in when needed, and is always available for questions or help with a project. He is a great partner to the campus, thanks for all you do!”

A shout-out to Skyler Hayden: Skyler always has your back with a great coffee recommendation—he is always kind and provides great customer service at the Olmsted Starbucks.”

A shout-out to Marietta Jackson: Marietta is well loved by everyone at Hubbell, I have no doubt. She learns your name, and makes you feel so welcome when you come in for a meal. Thank you for your positive attitude, and welcoming smile! We are so lucky to have you at Drake!”

A shout-out to Erin Bell: I don’t know Erin well, but I am always impressed by her whenever I get the privilege to work with her. Not only is she (and her family) a huge asset to the University for her work with the mascot program, she is also just a rock star human being and it’s always so fun to watch her work. She answers the same questions about her family and Griff over and over and over and over again…and you’d never know it from her answers. She’s just a wonderful person and employee—Drake is so lucky to have her on staff!”

A shout-out to Kevin Moenkhaus: I don’t work with Kevin often, but am always happy when I get the privilege to do so. He is so knowledgeable about his work, and I can tell he cares a lot about his department and co-workers. Drake is lucky to have him as a loyal employee.”

A shout-out to Sara Sommerlot: Sara is a wonderful employee. She seems to wear a lot of hats over in the University Communications and Marketing department, and is always a pleasure to work with. She is so upbeat, and always has a great attitude. I don’t work with her often, but am always excited when I get the chance to see or email her. Drake is so lucky to have you, and I so enjoy your sparkly personality.”

A shout-out to Miss Pam Stewart: Miss Pam is always a pleasure to see around campus. She always takes the time to ask how you are doing, and seems to care deeply for both the students she works with, and her co-workers on campus. Thank you for all you do!”

A shout-out to the Admissions Team: I don’t get to work with the admissions team much, but I imagine that this year is a particularly difficult year to recruit students. Please know that we all appreciate your hard work and innovative strategies to recruit future Bulldogs, and we are so appreciative of all your hard work this year!”

A shout-out to Group Fitness Team: Thank you to the Group Fitness team and all of the instructors that have continued to put out great content throughout the pandemic. You worked hard to pivot your programming to still be effective virtually, and have been working to resume in person programming safely, while also still providing online programming for those that were not able/comfortable to work out in person. A quick Group X class is always good for my mental health, even in the best of times, so it was particularly welcome and appreciated this year, when I was stuck at home.”

A shout-out to Linda Feiden: I’m so thankful to have Linda on staff. She is not only coming up with great programming using very limited resources throughout the year, she also is always willing to collaborate and team up with other groups on campus, and truly has a passion for Drake employees and their wellness. I particularly appreciate her partnership with All Staff Council, as she is a most welcome and valuable resource to this group. Thank you for all you do—Drake is SO lucky to have you!”

A shout-out to Nancy Crittenden and Heather Travis: Thank you for helping me to create a process to allow Bulldog Bucks payments from Drake ID cards in the community this fall.  You helped facilitate a program that students and parents have been asking for years, and have been accommodating to the process that Campus Cash needed to function, even though it wasn’t your preferred method.  I greatly appreciate your partnership!” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Anthony Leto: Thank you for your partnership and patience with the SSC as we work together on Student Employment paperwork.  You are always a pleasure to work with, and are always patient and kind if we have a paperwork hiccup – I appreciate your prompt communication and guidance with questions and issues.  Keep up the awesome work.” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Andy Verlengia: Thank you so much for being a wonderful All Staff Council co-chair this year—I know that you will rock the chair position next year! You are such a positive, enthusiastic employee, and Drake is SO lucky to have you on staff.” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Ryan Arnold and Jazlin Coley: Ryan and Jazlin were an amazing help this year as we began a new off-campus Bulldog Bucks program. Ryan helped connect existing projects/proposals from multiple departments, which led to increased impact and expedited our project. Jazlin and Ryan were both incredibly helpful in brainstorming and getting the off-campus Bulldog Bucks and Dogtown Dash programs off the ground, and I know they will be excellent partners on campus moving forward. Thank you!” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Becky Klein and Carla Herling: Becky and Carla were great partners this year as we built a new troubleshooting system for Card/Key access requests through the Team Dynamix platform for the SSC. Both Becky and Carla paid great attention to detail, were excellent at executing my vision into a reality, and have continued to be wonderful resources for updates and changes that we didn’t foresee in planning.  Thank you both for your time and expertise in my project!” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Joey Bedwell: Joey is always a pleasure to work with. While his whole team has been super busy/helpful this spring with phone changes (thanks to all of ITS that has helped with this project!), he in particular has always been super helpful with many of my tickets in the past, and I really appreciate that he doesn’t make me feel dumb when my problem was 100% user error. Thank you for all you do for Drake, we are glad you are here!” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Don Severs: Don has been an incredibly helpful and welcome addition to the card access team this year. He is extremely prompt in assisting with card access ticket requests, and has made my job considerably easier this year. He was willing to join an established team that had been working together for 5 years (never an easy thing…), and has learned a tricky (and not always user friendly) system. He has been a great help to me this year—thanks, Don!” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Steve Blaylock: I have a lot of favorite people on campus, and Steve always floats to the top of my list. Steve is incredibly hard working, cares deeply for both the campus and the students we serve, and is a pleasure to work with. He has great attention to detail, and works hard to provide great customer service. He has rolled with many changes to his position and the SSC’s involvement in some of his key duties in recent years without complaint, and I’m so glad I get to work with him!” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Tricia McKinney: Tricia is always a pleasure to work with, but I was particularly thankful to have her on my team this year when she offered to assist with Parking Tag registration data entry without me even asking. This is a HUGE task that I was worried I would not be able to complete with staff working from home, but she jumped in and offered to complete the task. This was so helpful, and eased a huge burden on my department during our busiest time of the year.  Everything went so smoothly because of this kind offer, and I am so grateful that she was willing to take it on this year. Thank you, Tricia!” —  — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Annie Spadt: Thank you so much to Annie and her team with her help with the Off-Campus Bulldog Bucks/Dogtown Dash program artwork. You and your intern created so many useful and beautiful pieces that were WAY better than what the vendor sent us, and I’m so thankful for both your talent and how easy it was to work with you!” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to Dan Chibnall and Kris Mogle: A huge shout out to Dan and Kris for your help this year (and always) in running the Drake Book Club! I so appreciate this partnership between All Staff Council and the library—I know this is an “extra” program, that takes up both time and funds, but I think it is so appreciated. It is a welcome opportunity for employees to get together with people from other departments, and I’ve had such a great time at our book discussions. Thank you for taking care of all the “logistics” to make this vision a reality, and for continuing the partnership between Cowles and ASC! You’re the best!” — Sara Heijerman

A shout-out to all of the faculty and staff with young children at home during the pandemic. What a challenge to navigate at home care, home schooling, etc. all the while trying to be productive. And what a challenge that is! It does not go unnoticed.” — Nate Reagen

A shout-out to Drake Athletics for somehow navigating running all sports at once! Unprecedented for the athletic trainers, staff, and coaches—yet our student-athletes continue their high performance academically and in competition.” — Nate Reagen

A shout-out to University Advancement: In times of a pandemic, you’ve really risen to the challenge. Where would the University be without you?  (don’t make me think of that!) You’ve all done so much: CARES Act management, contact tracing, COVID-19 hotline and inbox, and more! And you’ve done it all with a smile and generous enthusiasm.  Wow! So grateful.” — Nate Reagen

A shout-out to Erica McGowan, Nancy Crittenden, Shelly Biondi, Jeni Baugher, and Suzanne Stewart for always being so patient and helpful with accounting questions.” — Cheri McDaniel

A shout-out to Mary Cecil and Christian Law for meeting my mailing requests.” — Cheri McDaniel

A shout-out to Linda Feiden for organizing BUILD classes.” — Cheri McDaniel

A shout-out to Matt Miller and Kathrine Coady for always being willing to help with event scheduling.” — Cheri McDaniel

A shout-out to Pam Pepper, Lori Flaws, and Jodi Hofer for their helpful support to The Ray Center.” — Cheri McDaniel

A shout-out to Scott Law and Security for always being helpful with parking and security questions.” — Cheri McDaniel

A shout-out to Rachelle Setsodi: Thank you for your tireless and student-centered efforts to recruit and admit new Drake transfer students! You are a terrific and supportive colleague, and I appreciate what you do for our students!” — Lauren McCarthy

A shout-out to my Office of Undergraduate Admission colleagues: The amount of creativity, hard-work, innovation, limit-less effort demonstrated by this team in the past pandemic year is truly amazing! I look forward to when we can be together in person again as Cole Hall Family!  I’m so proud of you all! — Rachelle Setsodi

A shout-out to Linda Feiden: She always has a smile on her face despite the world that we are all suffering through. She is a friend to all on this campus and she should be cherished.” — Mary Cecil

A shout-out to Annette Watson: Thank you for pivoting so quickly and successfully to a virtual environment for career events. You paved the way nicely for the rest of us!” — Chrystal Stanley

A shout-out to Leah Berte: Thank you for your creativity in initiating and managing the PCDS Instagram account so successfully, and for maintaining a sense of humor through our virtual year!” — Chrystal Stanley

A shout-out to Carlyn Crowe: Thank you for adding your expertise to the PCDS team this year!  We have loved having you!” — Chrystal Stanley

A shout-out to Melissa Sturm-Smith: Thank you for keeping our unit connected throughout this challenging year!” — Chrystal Stanley

A shout-out to Community Engaged Learning: The PCDS staff have enjoyed collaborating with you this year to bring so many virtual opportunities to our students!” — Chrystal Stanley

A shout-out to Alumni Relations: The PCDS staff have appreciated our collaboration to bring the alumni voice to our current students. The LinkedIn hashtag campaign and panels have been a hit with students!” — Chrystal Stanley

A shout-out to Jenny Jones: A true Bulldog through and through! As the director of graduate student programs, she provides personalized advising to our graduate student population in the CBPA. Consistently going above and beyond, Jenny is always available to students and guides them throughout their entire program. She is a great team member and colleague!” — Madeline Mongar-Brodie