Men of Color meeting

First, as men of color on this campus, I want to thank you all for all that you do. Believe it or not, whether faculty, staff or student, just your presence makes this campus better. So for that, I thank you.

I also want to announce that we will have our first Men of Color general meeting for staff, faculty, and student males of color. This group was created in hopes of giving the men of color on campus a safe space to process and voice their experiences. In addition, I hope to connect our men of color staff and faculty as well as students to staff and faculty. Lastly, we hope to have meaningful dialogue around topics that affect us as men of color on Drake’s campus and society as a whole.

I understand the experiences of men of color anywhere are not monolithic. This is why it can be powerful for us to come together share our different experiences while building a support system. Our first Men of Color meeting will convene Monday, Dec. 3, at 6:30 p.m. at the Wesley House (directly across the street from Cowles Library). Snacks will be provided. I hope to see you all there.

Josh Wallace, Academic Success and Retention Specialist