Bulldogs of DU: Bryan Thomas

What do you do?
“I am the student success coordinator and Crew Scholars staff director. Along with an amazing staff, I work with students on study skills, time management; pretty much anything they need to learn how to do, we can teach them how to do it. The Crew Scholars program is the bulk of everything I do, and I also work with the STEM Explorers program.”

What’s the most rewarding part of your job?
“I always joke with my students, my two favorite times are when you come here on your first day and when you leave. When they graduate, it means we did our job. Graduation is my absolute favorite time of year.”

What do you hope your students take away from you?
“I hope they’re doing everything they’re doing for the right reasons, that it’s genuine. I don’t believe in ‘fake-it-till-you-make-it’ mentality, and so I tell students, anything you do, make sure it aligns with your passions. Be the author of your own life, don’t let anybody else write your chapters.”

What do you do in your free time?
“I like being around people and I host a monthly breakfast club at my house. Growing up in New Orleans, I learned to cook at a young age. I was cutting up seafood when I was four. So I like to cook for people. My signature dish is shrimp or crawfish étouffée.”

One thought on “Bulldogs of DU: Bryan Thomas”

1. Great picture Bryan. Our CREW students are blessed to have you.