Shelley Hurst receives Called to be True Blue Award

Shelley Hurst, senior student records systems coordinator, received the Called to be True Blue Award from the All Staff Council last week for her positive attitude and for providing excellent service. Shelley’s two nominators said:

“No matter what her deadline pressures, or what is going on in her world, Shelley has always responded promptly with kindness and professionalism. Shelley is a true team player at Drake, both in her role in Student Records, as well as her campus committee work.”

“I don’t work with her often, but when I do she goes out of her way to get me what I need quickly with a top-notch level of service, a high level of expertise, and a cheerful attitude. She has a love and enthusiasm for Drake that doesn’t quit, and a positive, can-do attitude that leaves a big impression on anyone who comes into contact with her.”

Do you know someone who is Called to Be True Blue? Nominate an individual or unit today!

—Submitted by All Staff Council Communications Committee

One thought on “Shelley Hurst receives Called to be True Blue Award”

1. Congrats Shelley! I heartily agree with your nominators – thanks for all you do!