Spring textbook adoption deadline Oct. 15

It’s time to look at the timeframes for spring textbook adoptions. The textbook information deadline is no later than Oct. 15. Textbook adoptions should be submitted electronically using the adoption form located on the home page of the book store website. Once completed, the adoption will feed directly into the textbook management system and be reflected on the book store website.

FIRST IMPORTANT NOTE: When you initially register to use the online adoption tool you will be asked for a book store supplied password. The password is 1623 (our store number).

SECOND IMPORTANT NOTE: You will be asked to select your role as a submitter or approver. Please code yourself as an approver. This way your adoption will flow into the system and not be held awaiting higher approval (not required at Drake). If you have previously registered to use the online tool, please take a moment to double check how you coded yourself and update it to approver if needed. You will know the answers to all the other questions asked.

If you are considering creating a custom course pack, please contact me. I can assist you in securing copyright approvals, quote gathering, etc. Once a decision is made, I will work directly with the print shop on copies, delivery, and resale. Other printers in the local area may not be securing copyright approvals, which is a liability for Drake.
As I am sure you are aware, federal legislation that went into effect July 1, 2010, requires textbook listings, complete with ISBN information for every offered course each semester, be readily available. The University Book Store supports Drake’s compliance with this legislation.

I appreciate the opportunity to serve you and our students. Feel free to contact me if I can assist you in any way.

—Submitted by Donna Hallstrom, Textbook Manager